The Corporate Project Manager (14-month Contract)
As a member of our Corporate team, the Corporate Project Manager (14-month Contract) is responsible for planning, executing, and delivering corporate projects and services on time, within budget, and according to specifications.
A day in the life of a Corporate Project Manager (14-month Contract) might include…
- Managing the entire project lifecycle from strategic planning through to tactical activities and helping the execution for all corporately assigned initiatives.
- Conducting Project Management Training for the corporation.
- Creating templates, rules, and suggestion processes to improve project management practices.
- Helping manage continuous improvement initiatives at Virox by going through suggestions and actioning where possible with respective departments.
- Establishing a project charter to define roles and responsibilities, project objectives, goals, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, work breakdown structure, milestones and deliverables.
- Defining project requirements and scope, acquiring project resources, and overseeing the efforts of project team members.
- Completing training as related to ongoing training needs, onboarding of new staff, and to address current gaps in training as established by the candidate in this role and as agreed upon with direct manager and/or Executive Leadership Team.
- Conducting ROI, cost-benefit, and risk analyses to determine project feasibility.
- Developing a formal communications plan and mechanisms for tracking and reporting on project progress.
- Conducting meetings and forums with key players to solicit feedback, input, and expectations to be incorporated into project plans.
- Identifying and resolving resource allocation discrepancies.
- Creating contingency plans to mitigate risks.
- Conducting project postmortems to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations based on findings.
- Compiling and creating standard operating procedures (SOPs) and training on project management and collaboration software and company processes.
- Troubleshooting system errors, functionality, and alignment of user processes.
- Providing end user support for reports, including making modifications and additions.
- Working with 3rd parties to resolve functional and procedural errors.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree.
- PMP designation is required.
- 5 years of direct experience managing and implementing projects.
- 5 years of experience in training role.
- Experience using Great Plains, and Smartsheet project management software.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to build relationships, facilitate meetings, feedback sessions and briefings to create consensus amongst key players.
- Ability to create and conduct presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and maintain an organized work environment.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking to analyze and solve problems or business situations.
- Ability to innovate and systematically improve process.
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues.
What’s in it for you?
- Work schedule: Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Friday: 9:00 am – 2:30 pm.
- 4-day Summer hour schedule from Mid-May to Labour Day each year.
- A casual dress code.
- The Best Social Events Ever!!!
Want to join the adventure?
Those interested in being considered for this opportunity are asked to forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virox Technologies Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for individuals with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided upon request in all parts of the hiring process as required in accordance with the Virox Technologies Inc. Accommodation Policy. Candidates requiring accommodation are asked to make their needs known in advance.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role; however, only those candidates being directly considered will be contacted.