Virox® Technologies Inc. is a leading research and manufacturing company, dedicated to arming the entire spectrum of global markets with state-of-the-art, patented, Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide® (AHP) disinfectant technology. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to developing innovative solutions within the disinfectant space.
We are currently looking for a Level 1 Helpdesk Specialist that shares our passion for safety, sustainability, biosecurity, and innovation to join our team.
Level 1 Helpdesk Specialist Responsibilities:
- Tracking I.T. Support and Service requests, logging all issues in the helpdesk system, documenting fixes, and escalating issues as needed.
- Troubleshooting basic user issues and diagnosing problems in computer hardware.
- Ensuring needed upgrades and patches are installed on systems.
- Conducting periodic inventory of the computer and related assets used by the Company.
- Collecting outdated equipment for recycling or disposal.
- Responding to requests for new or configured hardware or software, keeping the inventory up to date.
- Modifying, adding, or deleting user accounts, groups and permissions in accordance with IT departmental procedures.
- Completing new hire set up and provide training to new users on IT services and peripherals (phones, printers etc.).
- Issuing access cards and ensuring access cards for terminated employees have been returned and deactivated.
- Installing, updating, and repairing software on computer systems and helping to train employees on its use.
- Running password expiration scripts monthly for Active Directory and SQL, as well as sending reminder emails to change passwords.
- Completing C-TPAT reporting, on a quarterly basis.
- Documenting procedures and processes in a clear and detailed format.
- Working with the office team to update phone system auto-attendant messages.
- Monitoring printer portal weekly to ensure adequate printer supplies are available, ordering new supplies as needed.
- Providing training to users on best practices for email safety, IT Policies and equipment.
- Other projects and tasks, as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed in this Role:
- A College Diploma, with a specialization in Information Technology.
- Certification or equivalent training in operating systems, hardware, software, and security systems
- 1 year of previous experience in an IT role in a manufacturing and/or logistics environment
- 1 year of experience using Active Directory and Office 365
- Experience using and providing training and support on Microsoft Office Programs, SmartSheet and Great Plains
- Previous experience completing phone and email system set up
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively and professionally, in both verbal and written format with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with little instruction.
- Ability to prioritize and manage shifting deadlines and priorities, without compromising quality and accuracy of work.
- Ability to analyze issues, demonstrate attention to details, and problem solve to maintain efficient and effective system operations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs to move and/or transport equipment around the building, as needed
What We Offer:
- Paid time off between December 25th and January 1st each year, for all permanent full-time staff.
- Summer Hours from Mid-May to Labour Day each year.
- Comprehensive benefits program for permanent full-time staff, which includes an Employee and Family Assistance Program, upon successful completion of the probationary period.
- A generous tuition reimbursement program in support of continuous learning and development for all permanent full-time staff, with 1 year of service.
- A casual dress code.
- The Best Social Events Ever!!!
How To Apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virox Technologies Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for individuals with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided upon request in all parts of the hiring process as required in accordance with the Virox Technologies Inc. Accommodation Policy.
Candidates requiring accommodation are asked to make their needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role; however, only those candidates being directly considered will be contacted.