About the Role
We are constantly seeking new ways to transform ourselves and our role in disinfection and are currently on the lookout for a Material Handler that shares our passion for safety, biosecurity, infection control, sustainability, and education.
As a member of our Warehouse team reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Material Handler ensures the efficient flow of material throughout the facility and to the end user.
A day in the life of a Material Handler might include…
- Receiving and shipping all goods and materials for the Company in a timely manner.
- Verifying the packing slip of each shipment to ensure goods are for the Company and the contents are stated in the packing slip.
- Identifying overages and shortages in shipment amounts.
- Assessing the condition of all materials to ensure no damages and reporting defects in quality and appearance.
- Confirming skid counts, pieces, and overall condition of the product.
- Collaborating with the Manufacturing department to ensure materials needed for production arrive on time and orders are shipped on time.
- Verifying the quantity of finished product against the shipping request information.
- Ensuring all transportation regulations are adhered to, specifically in terms of customs, weight, securing and bracing.
- Reporting discrepancies.
- Tracking the movement of material throughout the warehouse using RFID scanners.
- Moving material throughout the warehouse and taking precautions to minimize risk of damaging materials or finished products.
- Maintaining the warehouse in accordance with cGMP and Health and Safety regulations.
- Adhering to all health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Assisting in cycle counts and inventory counts as needed.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
Does this sound like you?
- High school diploma.
- 2 years of experience in shipping and receiving.
- 4 years of experience operating Raymond Reach, Counterbalance, and Walkie lift trucks and a valid Raymond Reach, Counterbalance and Walkie certificate. Fall arrest/working from heights a bonus.
- Good understanding of Transport, Customs, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods legislation, restrictions, and processes.
- Experience using RF Scanners and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, numeracy, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to getting the job done and helping the team wherever you can.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment, can lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to work additional hours as needed.
What’s in it for you?
- Paid time off between December 25th and January 1st each year, for all permanent full-time staff.
- Comprehensive benefits program for permanent full-time staff, which includes an Employee and Family Assistance Program, upon successful completion of the probationary period.
- A generous tuition reimbursement program in support of continuous learning and development for all permanent full-time staff, with 1 year of service.
- A casual dress code.
- The Best Social Events Ever!!!
Want to join the adventure?
Those interested in being considered for this opportunity are asked to forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Virox Technologies Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for individuals with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided upon request in all parts of the hiring process as required in accordance with the Virox Technologies Inc. Accommodation Policy. Candidates requiring accommodation are asked to make their needs known in advance.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role; however, only those candidates being directly considered will be contacted.